Old April 6th 18, 12:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Youlden[_6_]

Default satellite navigation

On 05/04/2018 21:12, Pinnerite wrote:

I had to sell the Jag (I kept bumping into things) and bought a narrower
car. A Kia Niro. It comes with Tom Tom installed. I was horrified.
I had experienced using it in Australia. You'd get 'turn right now' with no
pre-warning and when you were in the central lane of multi-lane highway.
Same here.

The Jag would give you 'Turn right sooon' and only later 'Turn right now'.

I always check the route on Google maps now before I go anywhere.

A few years ago down near here in Wool, Dorset, there was a flash and
bang at the station, followed by a plume of smoke that could be seen for
miles around.

A car had turned left on the level crossing and driven up the track into
the station until it met the third rail. Fortunately the couple in the
car escaped injury.

It was thought that the driver, an older man, followed instructions on
his sat-nav as immediately after the crossing is a left turn into the
village.

--

Chris