Old April 6th 18, 08:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

Default satellite navigation

On 06/04/2018 in message Bill Wright wrote:

On 05/04/2018 21:12, Pinnerite wrote:

I had to sell the Jag (I kept bumping into things) and bought a narrower
car. A Kia Niro. It comes with Tom Tom installed. I was horrified.
I had experienced using it in Australia. You'd get 'turn right now' with
no
pre-warning and when you were in the central lane of multi-lane highway.
Same here.

That's very odd. Both my Tom Toms warn at 2/3 mile and 1/3 mile.

My stand alone TomTom did that as well, it was excellent and didn't get me
lost ever. I had a car with a built in TomTom though and it persisted in
calling a roundabout in Salisbury a "junction" - and it showed on the
TomTom map as a junction. It had been a roundabout for at least 12 years
at the time. I think the built in ones have very old maps and software
and. even if you can afford the horrendous update costs you still don't
get what a sub £100 TomTom would give you.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.