Old March 30th 18, 03:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Default Crystal Palace Issues

John wrote:

London has had its channels in Group A for years and years, there
must be a very good reason for shoving them outside of Group A

Most of the rest of the country has suffered this several times in the
last few years. London was spared until now due to the number of people
served by Crystal Palace, but now it's time for the pips to squeak ...

The obvious thing would be to remove the existing Group A aerial and
replace it with a Group W one. However, I worry about its lesser
sensitivity at the Group A end.

Unless you were marginal for analogue, I'd expect digital has plenty of
headroom on the low end.

I wonder why it was not technically possible to leave those muxes where they were?

The Mobile networks' insatiable demand for bandwidth.