Old March 29th 18, 12:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
mike

Default Humax freeview to freesat

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 14:14:46 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 28/03/2018 12:34, Mike wrote:

It displays "Receiving programme information" for ages, something like
two hours

Have you definitely done a 'new install'? I have the same problem but a
new install fixes it. (AKA 'factory reset', 'first time installation', etc)

Yes Bill,
I've done a factory reset, then updated the firmware, then another
factory reset and since then, two new intallations, that is, from
where you enter or confirm the postcode and it then does a full search
for channels.

It's so slow, even when it has eventually finished gatethering
programme information, that it is really unusable for normal live
viewing as, by the time you've found the channel that you want to
change to, the programme has begun ages ago and one misses the
beginning of it.

- Mike