Old March 27th 18, 02:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Geo[_3_]

Default Humax freeview to freesat

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 17:02:08 +0100, Mike wrote:

Hi all,
havin had a Humax freeview receiver for some years now (and being very
satisfied with it) I decided to get a Humax sat receiver (Foxsat
-HDR).
This new (to me) box seems really slow to respond when in Freesat mode
(just changing up and down channels and along the timeline). So slow,
in fact that I'm considering getting rid of it.
When in non freesat mode it is quicker but still a bit sluggish.
Anyone else had this problem?

Are you talking about when looking at the EPG?
If so keep an eye on the text at the top right of the screen which
probably says something like "Receiving programme information".
You may also notice no sound or background picture until the updating
has finished - then the remote cursor action returns to normal speed.