Old March 26th 18, 03:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

Default BBC News CHannel 107

On 26/03/2018 12:42, Mark Carver wrote:
On 26/03/2018 12:05, Pinnerite wrote:
This morning I tried to view HD channels 107 (BBC News) and 108 (Al
Jazeera)
Both were breaking up. This is from Crystal Palace.

Lots of complaint messages from others but I couldn't find an explanation
anywhere.

Last Wednesday morning (March 21st) COM 7 and 8 from Crystal Palace
moved from UHF Ch 33 and 35, to 55 and 56 as part of the three year long
700 MHz clearance scheme.

You most probably have a Group A UHF aerial, and if so both these muxes
will now be beyond the frequency range of it.

A few houses on the Northern fringes of the sussex village where
I live seem to have aerials pointing along the line of stane
street. This is the Roman road to Londinium, so presumably CP,
because I cannot think of any transmitters in the 37 miles
between me and CP.

One of them now has one of those Tri-boom wideband jobs on
a wavy, wibbly wobbly pole in the garden. It has white
coax so presumably a diy job.

I didn't think we could get CP down here, but they are on high
ground, while I only have line of sight to Midhurst. Grrr.