Old March 23rd 18, 09:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default from another group

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
One thing I never could understand though was why HP decided to make an
all in one computer with the motherboard in the monitor then mount the cd
drive vertically so it was very hard to get it to stay in as the drawer
closed and it normally fell on the floor when it was ejected and rolled
across the floor.

Vertically-mounted CD drives are about as useful as chocolate teapots. I've
seen some drives with little lugs around the perimeter of the disc recess in
the loading tray. You twist these after putting a disc in so it remains in
place as the tray retracts. If the drive is going to be vertical , then the
only sensible solution is to have a narrow slit and "suck" the disc in - as
you get on CD players in cars, even when the drive is horizontal.