Old March 21st 18, 01:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

Default Crystal Palace retune confusion

On 21/03/2018 13:31, Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/03/2018 13:16, Max Demian wrote:
On 21/03/2018 09:53, Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/03/2018 09:44, Mark Carver wrote:

No, CP has moved COM 7 and 8 to 55/56 overnight, sounds as if your
aerial is a Group A, and it's picking up Hannington off the back ?

Check at 800+, it's possible your receiver has placed the COM 7 and 8
channels from Hannington at their primary EPG positions (because it
found them first) and the CP versions are at 800+ ?

I selected London region after tuning for it to resort the channels.

There are three stations in the 800s, UHF 42 and 45, apparently from
the South. This is normal.

OK then. Looks as if you are unable to receive COM 7 and 8 from CP

You have a month's worth of COM 7 and 8 on 32/34 from Hannington,
before they move to 55/56 on April 18th

Interesting. I might try and get a signal from there then
with a manual tune, just for BBC4 HD.

Apparently Midhurst and Hannington are going to switch aerial
groups eventually. What is best for Midhurst now (from today)
will be best for Hannington (now group B, but will be ?E or K).