Old March 21st 18, 09:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default Blackhill retune confusion

"Scott" wrote in message
Although everything above Ch49 is going, there's a guard band at 55/56
that is still allowed for broadcasting until 2022.

Does this mean the likes of BBC Four and BBC News HD will be lost in
2022 or will there be a plan to assimilate them into the main
multiplex? Or indeed will there be a move from DTB-T1 to DVB-T2?

This is what I want to know. If COM7 and 8 are eventually going to go,
that's fine, but are the channels contained in them being moved into muxes
that will survive the 2022 change? I've not seen this very obvious question
answered anywhere.