Old March 20th 18, 01:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Youlden[_6_]

Default snowy picture

On 20/03/2018 10:15, Brian Gaff wrote:
Television, formerly practical Television.
I did get that early sat, but you needed to find a pass where it was low
elevation, and I'm on top of a hill, so could just about get it. The problem
was that it seemed to move about so it was not quite geosynchronous either,
that was because it was gradually being shifted on station I assume. I bet
the old junk yard up at that orbit if full of old stuff now.

Future space archaeologists will be flying out and collecting them for
museums.

Brian

There's a lot of it up there now. Half a million items according to this:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html

You'd need a very big dustbin lorry to collect that lot.

--

Chris