Old March 20th 18, 09:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default snowy picture

Television, formerly practical Television.
I did get that early sat, but you needed to find a pass where it was low
elevation, and I'm on top of a hill, so could just about get it. The problem
was that it seemed to move about so it was not quite geosynchronous either,
that was because it was gradually being shifted on station I assume. I bet
the old junk yard up at that orbit if full of old stuff now.

Future space archaeologists will be flying out and collecting them for
museums.

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Ashley Booth
writes
Bill Wright wrote:

On 18/03/2018 08:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes and nowadays of course the signal breaks up a bit with bloccky
stuff and vanishes altogether.
Does anyone recall that Indian satellite that did direct broadcast
on uhf using fm, but could be resolved by slope detection using an
am receiver. It was actually only seeable for a short time when
it was under test before its final positioning unfortunately.
It was way over the top end onf band five.

Times have certainly changed. Brian

I remember it but don't know of anyone in the UK receiving it.

Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAcab_IDTiU

I remember Steve Birkhill's whiz-kid articles in the late 1970s and early
80s. Lots of amateur DIY satellite stuff. Which magazine did they appear
in?
--
Ian