Old March 19th 18, 06:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_7_]

Default snowy picture

In message , Ashley Booth
writes
Bill Wright wrote:

On 18/03/2018 08:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes and nowadays of course the signal breaks up a bit with bloccky
stuff and vanishes altogether.
Does anyone recall that Indian satellite that did direct broadcast
on uhf using fm, but could be resolved by slope detection using an
am receiver. It was actually only seeable for a short time when
it was under test before its final positioning unfortunately.
It was way over the top end onf band five.

Times have certainly changed. Brian

I remember it but don't know of anyone in the UK receiving it.

Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAcab_IDTiU

I remember Steve Birkhill's whiz-kid articles in the late 1970s and
early 80s. Lots of amateur DIY satellite stuff. Which magazine did they
appear in?
--
Ian