Old March 16th 18, 05:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Green

Default Weather warnings

Peter Duncanson wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 16:39:39 +0000, Scott
wrote:

Why do they use yellow and amber, which seem to me to be very similar?
Should they not choose colours that are totally dissimilar, as with
electrical cables? Anyone with a visual impairment could be confused.

I understand your point. I think they wish to use colours familiar to
people from traffic lights, etc. The colours used re red, amber, yellow
and green, in decreasing level of severity.

Traffic lights *don't* have "red, amber, yellow and green", that't the
problem! Treffic lights have red, yellow (or amber, but it's the same
as yellow) and green.

In warning terms, to most people, yellow and amber are the same.

--
Chris Green
ยท