Old March 15th 18, 08:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

Default Weather Women

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 23:29:04 +0000, Indy Jess John
wrote:

On 14/03/2018 18:35, Phi wrote:
I have noticed over the last few years that women reading the weather
forecast on the BBC seem to be rising in voice frequency. That skinny one on
Look North has a very high pitched voice, to the point of being irritating.

The BBC used to employ Met Office staff to deliver the forecasts. At
the last contract renewal they went to a private company (I can't
remember who, but their name appears on the bottom of the screen at the
end of the forecast)

Meteo Group

and it is that company who now supply the readers.

Not sure about that. I thought previously some of the forecasters
were directly employed by the Met Office and some were on the BBC
payroll. I thought the former group was given the opportunity to
move to the BBC.

Does anyone know for sure - Mark?