Old March 11th 18, 07:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

Default Upgrading Tivo to VM 6 box

On 08/03/2018 23:06, Indy Jess John wrote:
I haven't tried it myself (because I have never had a Tivo), but hard
drives are either IDE (connected by a ribbon cable) or SATA (connected
by a thinner cable and a smaller plug).* Both types have also a power
connection to make it spin.

There are exceptions - but I don't expect you'll see them in a PVR.
(SCSI, SAS, ST506, ESDI spring to mind, and there are sure to be others)

The only exception to this I have found is a DELL laptop which had an
extended IDE connector which also delivered power.

I've seen that on SATA too.

Andy