Old March 11th 18, 02:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Default Paranoia or real effect?

This is Kingston upon Thames.
However, I wondered if maybe its possible to somehow tune into the channel
on a scanner and listen for the usual flutter on the signal as its really
just multipath cancelling or adding to the signal as the plane reflection
moves.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
On Sunday, 11 March 2018 11:07:04 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
I was talking to somebody a week or so back who swears their freeview
goes
blacky and stutters whenever a plane from Heathrow goes over.

In Yorkshire.

Now in the good old analogue days you could detect aircraft flutter
quite
easily, how would you go about it on a digital system. I did not rise to
the
bait of suggesting I go around as to be honest there would be little I
could
do.

We are after all in a very strong signal area here, and I'd have thought
it
most unlikely that a properly installed aerial would have this problem,
which leaves either paranoia or a faulty installation.

Brian

Perhaps s/he has Freesat and is very close to the airport. Can't see a
mechanism otherwise.