Old March 11th 18, 01:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

Default Paranoia or real effect?

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 06:22:22 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

On Sunday, 11 March 2018 13:11:25 UTC, Jim Lesurf wrote:
In article , R.
Mark Clayton wrote:
We are after all in a very strong signal area here, and I'd have
thought it most unlikely that a properly installed aerial would have
this problem, which leaves either paranoia or a faulty installation.

Brian

Perhaps s/he has Freesat and is very close to the airport. Can't see a
mechanism otherwise.

RX being overloaded by some signals from the plane adding to the "strong"
ones from Freeview? i.e. matter of an RX that accepts and is overloaded by
out of band input at a high power level?

Faintly possible, but AFAIK the only big output from a plane is ATC in AM VHF [for now].

Is there any possibility of Freeview sugnals being reflected off the
plane at sufficient strength to interfere with the direct signal?

I suppose that would need a badly positioned aerial so that its
reception of the direct signal was poor.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)