Old March 11th 18, 12:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Paranoia or real effect?

On Sunday, 11 March 2018 13:11:25 UTC, Jim Lesurf wrote:
In article , R.
Mark Clayton wrote:
We are after all in a very strong signal area here, and I'd have
thought it most unlikely that a properly installed aerial would have
this problem, which leaves either paranoia or a faulty installation.

Brian

Perhaps s/he has Freesat and is very close to the airport. Can't see a
mechanism otherwise.

RX being overloaded by some signals from the plane adding to the "strong"
ones from Freeview? i.e. matter of an RX that accepts and is overloaded by
out of band input at a high power level?

Faintly possible, but AFAIK the only big output from a plane is ATC in AM VHF [for now].