Old March 11th 18, 10:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Paranoia or real effect?

On Sunday, 11 March 2018 11:07:04 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
I was talking to somebody a week or so back who swears their freeview goes
blacky and stutters whenever a plane from Heathrow goes over.

In Yorkshire.

Now in the good old analogue days you could detect aircraft flutter quite
easily, how would you go about it on a digital system. I did not rise to the
bait of suggesting I go around as to be honest there would be little I could
do.

We are after all in a very strong signal area here, and I'd have thought it
most unlikely that a properly installed aerial would have this problem,
which leaves either paranoia or a faulty installation.

Brian

Perhaps s/he has Freesat and is very close to the airport. Can't see a mechanism otherwise.