Old March 9th 18, 09:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Green

Default The inteligence of pizza delivery drivers.

Indy Jess John wrote:
On 08/03/2018 19:41, tim... wrote:

I live in a block of flats and my address is XX Something Drive, cos they
have just numbered the 9 flats in the block as a continuation of the street
numbers.

tim

Provided the numbers are in a logical place in the sequence of road
address numbering. that shouldn't be a problem. When I was a teenager
with a paper round I had a block like that on my round, and I had no
trouble delivering papers to the three flats that had ordered them.

There are more confusing addresses around. Near where I am living now,
there is a road where the houses on one side have a different street
name to the houses on the other side. Depending on which map you buy,
the road between the two has one name printed or the other. Novice
postmen must be eternally grateful for modern postcodes!

Our village in Suffolk confuses anyone who doesn't know it. It's
mostly land settlement houses built in the 1920s and 1930s, these have
sequential numbers which run right round all the roads in the village.
I.e. numbers 1 to 10 (say) are on Ipswich Road and numbers 30 to 46 are
on our road with others on other roads. Just to add to the fun
the houses are not always in numeric order along the roads.

--
Chris Green
ยท