Old March 8th 18, 06:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

Default The inteligence of pizza delivery drivers.

On 08/03/2018 17:10, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'm standing at the door talking to somebody on a block of flats in a
council estate, they are all called something house wotsit court etc all
with names of ex council leaders or smart ass developers.
Along comes this guy with a pizza and asks with a slight accident.
Is this Basketball court.
I look at him, well in his direction and say, now does it look like one,
its a block of flats.
He then says, but I've been to criditon Court and alderman ping court, but
I cannot find one named basketball.

I feel its only right to say at this point that there is indeed a basketball
court for children just round the corner over his right shoulder.
I could not help laughing really. I said it actually is a basketball court,
not a building named basketball, its over there.

If they have buildings called something court it's a perfectly
reasonable error to make, regardless of accent. Can you order a pizza
for third park bench from the left?

--
Max Demian