Old March 8th 18, 05:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default The inteligence of pizza delivery drivers.

Hmm interesting spellcheck supplementary word in that post... Accent
accident, well maybe one or the other.

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
I'm standing at the door talking to somebody on a block of flats in a
council estate, they are all called something house wotsit court etc all
with names of ex council leaders or smart ass developers.
Along comes this guy with a pizza and asks with a slight accident.
Is this Basketball court.
I look at him, well in his direction and say, now does it look like one,
its a block of flats.
He then says, but I've been to criditon Court and alderman ping court, but
I cannot find one named basketball.

I feel its only right to say at this point that there is indeed a
basketball court for children just round the corner over his right
shoulder.
I could not help laughing really. I said it actually is a basketball
court, not a building named basketball, its over there.
He muttered something under his breath and went.
Britain must be very confusing, or is it just the bloke was extremely
thick. I knew there was somebody in the court as I could hear the ball
being bounced.

So have pity on the poor delivery bloke, he may well be one of those
people mentioned in Jethro Tulls song, Thick as a brick.
Brian

Note building names have been changed to protect the anonymity of the
person I was talking to who could not speak for trying to suppress his
laughter.