Old March 8th 18, 03:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Alexa TV Guide Skill

Billy Joels daughter is called Alexa.
However you can change it to.
Computer

Echo

and probably other things as well.

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 08/03/2018 08:52, Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 08/03/2018 in message Brian Gaff
wrote:

Has anyone managed to make this do anything sensible?
I seem to be able to get bbc 1 and occasionally what is on any channel
now or at a certain time, but ask it for a list for tonight it goes off
and tells you what it thinks are the best things on, not the complete
list or even a few from your favourites list. Most times it completely
fouls up saying stuff like there is no channel called itv tonight.
I have found many other list type skills that perform well, its about
time they updated their skill and got it to do what it says on the tin,
so to speak.
Brian

Ha, ha, ha - does she laugh at you at random times?

I have an Echo show and a Logitech Elite plus hub on the way from Amazon
so will have some practical experience soon. Are you using Alexa in
conjunction with a remote or on its own?

I wonder what people with dogs called Alexa do now...

I wonder how many people have christened their girls 'Alexa' ?.