Old March 7th 18, 10:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

Default snow affecting reception

In article , Max
Demian scribeth thus
On 02/03/2018 02:13, Bill Wright wrote:

At the moment the air temperature is well below freezing and there's a
bit of wind, so the powdery snow isn't piling up on TV aerials. However
if conditions change and the TV aerials get little piles of snow and ice
on them reception will be affected. Horizontally polarised aerials are
affected far more than VP ones. A few years ago we were inundated with
calls about poor or no reception. The cause was snow piled on the
aerials. Obviously nothing could be done except wait for a thaw.
We have seen some build-up of snow on dishes in the mast few days, but
nothing much.

Do they have electrically heated aerials in cold countries?

Yes for some pro aerials it can be specified..

Wasn't done on this one;!

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/gallery...121&pageid=731

--
Tony Sayer