Old March 3rd 18, 03:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Weird recording issue

People have said that regional news, indeed any news is not regarded as a
series as if you look at holidays, often times and duration change
radically.

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 03/03/2018 09:32, PeterC wrote:
Trying to record BBC 1 Look East on Freesat 954 (due to the situation re.
Councils in Northants).
Selecting Series does nothing; selecting Single is OK, but if I just
flick
through the days setting this for a week the future schedule disappears
after 1 recording is made. This means that I have to set the recording
every
day.

On a Hummy Foxsat HDR.

The ability to series record is identified in the EPG. If the EPG doesn't
identify a programme as being capable of series recording then that option
isn't presented to you.

I have never used a Foxsat so can't comment on its behaviour, but I have a
Panasonic Freeview recorder which periodically shuffles up the EPG to
remove the already broadcast programmes, and now and again the future
programmes guide blanks on the screen in front of me. 10 minutes later it
is all back to normal. Go back to your Foxsat a bit later and see if it
is behaving similarly.