Old March 1st 18, 12:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default Update today - ITV3

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 28/02/2018 21:46, Andy Burns wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Jeff Layman wrote:

According to A516digital, the update today was:
"Channel 788 - ITV3 (PSB2/D3&4) Duplicate of service on channel 10, but
with increased resolution."
Sorry for the ignorance, but what does this mean?

Probably a higher bit rate, not HD rather than SD

720x576 instead of 544x576

And now on PSB2 (so available to all) rather than the version on COM 4
(only available to 90% of punters)

Good point. I'd forgotten that COM 4,5,6 are only on main transmitters and a
few key relays, whereas PSB 1,2,3 are on all transmitters, even the Freeview
Lite ones. I'm lucky that I'm on Bilsdale so I get everything, including COM
7 and 8.