Old February 28th 18, 10:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default Update today - ITV3

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
news
According to A516digital, the update today was:
"Channel 788 - ITV3 (PSB2/D3&4) Duplicate of service on channel 10, but
with increased resolution."

Sorry for the ignorance, but what does this mean? Is it likely that other
stations will follow?

ITV3 (like Drama, Yesterday, Talking Pictures TV etc) is one of those
channels that broadcasts in sub-SD: 544x576 rather than 720x576 (ie 3/4 of
the normal horizontal resolution, rounded to the nearest 16-pixel boundary).

So maybe 788 is 720x576.

Yes, I've just run TSReader (Windows program) via my DVB-T decoder on mux
PSB2 and sure enough, 788 (ITV3) is 720x576. Looks as if LCN 10 is still on
mux COM4. I presume at some stage it will be switched off and the one on
PSB2 will become LCN 10.