Old February 25th 18, 08:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
James Heaton

Default Sudden expenditure

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
I was annoyed about C4HD coming off Freesat because we like to watch 24
Hours in A & E and thought we wouldn't be able to see the gore so clearly
in SD. Ages ago Swiss Classic on 13E went onto DVB S2 so my twenty quid
box wouldn't relay it into the CCTV distribution anymore. I've decided to
kill two or more birds. The Humax Freesat box will be connected to the 13E
feed and set to 'Non-Freesat'. This will give me Swiss Classic and also
let me look at the other channels, which are often of interest. The box
will remain as a depository for the programmes I want to keep.I have
bought a Humax 1TB DVB T2 box and will use it for day-to-day recording in
place of the Freesat box. Both boxes will feed by HDMI into the main TV.
Having spent my pension of the new box I was annoyed when the vacuum
cleaner started sounding like an old tractor and emitting the magic smoke.
It's under guarantee so I contacted Vax, but really we need a second one
for upstairs. I noticed that AO will know £100 off if you buy two Meile
appliances at once. As it happens the kitchen fridge is buggered, so it
looks like I'll be getting a fridge and a vac.
Since I'm incapacitated at the moment I can't get to the washing machines
and it appears that one of my slaves has put something in one of them
that's stalled a pump. I'm getting the man out but the machine is really
old so I think it might need a new one.
Bit of an expensive few days really.

Sorry to hear you're not well, did wonder what you meant in that other
thread.

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

James