Old February 25th 18, 06:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Default Sudden expenditure

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
I was annoyed about C4HD coming off Freesat because we like to watch
24 Hours in A & E and thought we wouldn't be able to see the gore so
clearly in SD. Ages ago Swiss Classic on 13E went onto DVB S2 so my
twenty quid box wouldn't relay it into the CCTV distribution anymore.
I've decided to kill two or more birds. The Humax Freesat box will be
connected to the 13E feed and set to 'Non-Freesat'. This will give me
Swiss Classic and also let me look at the other channels, which are
often of interest. The box will remain as a depository for the
programmes I want to keep.I have bought a Humax 1TB DVB T2 box and
will use it for day-to-day recording in place of the Freesat box.
Both boxes will feed by HDMI into the main TV.
Having spent my pension of the new box I was annoyed when the vacuum
cleaner started sounding like an old tractor and emitting the magic
smoke. It's under guarantee so I contacted Vax, but really we need a
second one for upstairs. I noticed that AO will know 100 off if you
buy two Meile appliances at once. As it happens the kitchen fridge
is buggered, so it looks like I'll be getting a fridge and a vac.
Since I'm incapacitated at the moment I can't get to the washing
machines and it appears that one of my slaves has put something in
one of them that's stalled a pump. I'm getting the man out but the
machine is really old so I think it might need a new one.
Bit of an expensive few days really.

You won't go far wrong with a Miele Bill, we have friends in Germany
that have one still going strong after 30+ years! We are on our second
plus a Miele F/F and dishwasher and all work superbly well. The only
complaint of the current dishwasker is that it doesn't have a rinse
prog (9mins) like the other did so the shortest wash is now about 80
mins.

Since John Lewis also do Miele it might be worth asking if they will
do an undersale. They often have offers of longer warranties and/or
cashback that no other retailers get.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com