Old February 25th 18, 12:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Sudden expenditure

I was annoyed about C4HD coming off Freesat because we like to watch 24
Hours in A & E and thought we wouldn't be able to see the gore so
clearly in SD. Ages ago Swiss Classic on 13E went onto DVB S2 so my
twenty quid box wouldn't relay it into the CCTV distribution anymore.
I've decided to kill two or more birds. The Humax Freesat box will be
connected to the 13E feed and set to 'Non-Freesat'. This will give me
Swiss Classic and also let me look at the other channels, which are
often of interest. The box will remain as a depository for the
programmes I want to keep.I have bought a Humax 1TB DVB T2 box and will
use it for day-to-day recording in place of the Freesat box. Both boxes
will feed by HDMI into the main TV.
Having spent my pension of the new box I was annoyed when the vacuum
cleaner started sounding like an old tractor and emitting the magic
smoke. It's under guarantee so I contacted Vax, but really we need a
second one for upstairs. I noticed that AO will know £100 off if you buy
two Meile appliances at once. As it happens the kitchen fridge is
buggered, so it looks like I'll be getting a fridge and a vac.
Since I'm incapacitated at the moment I can't get to the washing
machines and it appears that one of my slaves has put something in one
of them that's stalled a pump. I'm getting the man out but the machine
is really old so I think it might need a new one.
Bit of an expensive few days really.