Old February 11th 18, 09:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

Default Foxsat HDR not recording

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 09:37:12 +0000, PeterC wrote:

On 11 Feb 2018 08:43:27 GMT, David wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 07:15:42 +0000, PeterC wrote:

The Humax Foxsat HDR has stopped recording anything unless started
manually.
The info. on a programme is OK in the EPG and Media list but is
haywire for the 'live' programme, being several hours out and for the
programme at that time.
Ive tried a hard reboot but that's done nothing. Any ideas please?

The EPG on our pair of Humax Freesat boxes is all over the place at the
moment.

All the channels play, but for most channels the EPG says "program
scrambled or not present" or near offer.

I've hard powered one down and up and that now seems to have slowly
acquired the EPG. The other one is currently showing a blank EPG for
the lower numbers (101 upwards).

Came here to ask what the hell was going on.

I assume that there was some kind of platform problem overnight as
herself reposts it was starting to get a bit iffy last night.

A quick search online shows some Freeview problems but no obvious
Freesat ones.

Cheers

Dave R

Try these (I looked at them only because I have the Custom firmware):
https://myhumax.org/forum/
https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/foxsat...t-recorder.14/

Rather similar postings.

I hope that it's sorted soon as I've been waiting for a prog. to start
and then starting the recording manually; tonight there's one for about
midnight - sod that!

It seems to have come back now on the one that wasn't power cycled.

Very strange. EPG is usually there from the moment it comes out of standby.

I am tentatively assuming that something completely cleared the EPG and it
has taken a while for it all to come back together again.

Just checked on the Panasonic TV (forgot to do that earlier) and that
seems fine as well.

Perhaps someone from Freesat will report what went wrong. Eventually.

Cheers

Dave R

---