Old February 10th 18, 01:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

Default Channel 20 Drama doesn't use whole screen

On 09/02/2018 20:20, Chris Green wrote:
Programs (as opposed to adverts) on Drama (Channel 20, Freeview) don't
display full screen on our system. We have a pretty standard LG TV
with a Humax PVR.

It's not just too tall or too wide, there's a black band all round the
displayed picture. So, even if preserving the screen proportions the
picture could be displayed larger.

Is this normal or is something configured wrong?

I,
I've just tried it on Freeview (Saturday am) and it was a 4:3 aspect but
full height as normal. Same on both a Hitachi PVR (Vestel) and the TV's
inbuilt tuner (Vestel).
--
Dave W