Old February 10th 18, 08:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default New technologies?

On 09/02/18 10:01, Pinnerite wrote:
Right now we have a mix of standard definition (SD) and high definition
(HD). Currently marketed are 4K televisions with amazing images.

We can stream 4K from commercial sources provided we are prepared to pay for
the fibre-optic connection and streaming source.

I have a 10MB wire download and can stream 4K without buffering from
YouTube. Just in case it was not 4K I tried it with the Blue Planet
trial the BBC ran. Same thing - no buffering. So do we really need these
high-speed links, or was I really not viewing 4K both times?

--

Jeff