Old February 10th 18, 07:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Channel 20 Drama doesn't use whole screen

Do they transmit a tiny fading spot in the middle when the programs end? :-)

I miss the smell of hot dust from the inside of tvs that we used to get in
the old days.

"Chris Green" wrote in message
Phil wrote:
On 09/02/18 20:20, Chris Green wrote:
Programs (as opposed to adverts) on Drama (Channel 20, Freeview) don't
display full screen on our system. We have a pretty standard LG TV
with a Humax PVR.

It's not just too tall or too wide, there's a black band all round the
displayed picture. So, even if preserving the screen proportions the
picture could be displayed larger.

Is this normal or is something configured wrong?

I'm on Freesat and as far as I can tell, some programmes originally made
in 4:3 are broadcast in this stupid format on Drama.

Is it supposed to be nostalgic or something?! :-)

--
Chris Green