Old February 9th 18, 08:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Green

Default Channel 20 Drama doesn't use whole screen

Phil wrote:
On 09/02/18 20:20, Chris Green wrote:
Programs (as opposed to adverts) on Drama (Channel 20, Freeview) don't
display full screen on our system. We have a pretty standard LG TV
with a Humax PVR.

It's not just too tall or too wide, there's a black band all round the
displayed picture. So, even if preserving the screen proportions the
picture could be displayed larger.

Is this normal or is something configured wrong?

I'm on Freesat and as far as I can tell, some programmes originally made
in 4:3 are broadcast in this stupid format on Drama.

Is it supposed to be nostalgic or something?! :-)

--
Chris Green
ยท