Old February 9th 18, 09:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pinnerite

Default New technologies?

Right now we have a mix of standard definition (SD) and high definition
(HD). Currently marketed are 4K televisions with amazing images.

We can stream 4K from commercial sources provided we are prepared to pay for
the fibre-optic connection and streaming source.

Is that it for broadcast TV or is there currently any research currently
seeking to squeeze more out of the available bands?

(Just contemplating upgrading my ancient Hauppauge SD card. Knowing my luck
it will be obsolete the next day)