Old January 31st 18, 05:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default New aerial for Winter Hill.

On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 23:51:15 UTC, wrote:
On 30/01/2018 20:24, Brian Gaff wrote:
Actually many logs had a slightly rising gain with frequency to compensate
for losses due to the higher frequencies.

Brian

I don't know how that could be achieved Brian. The gain of a log is set
by the tau factor, which can't vary along the boom.

Bill

I think it might depend on which end the cable is connected. Usually it is the large low frequency end, but some have the connection at the short high frequency end.