Old January 29th 18, 06:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Freeview swizzling sound tracks

Its not just classical music. I make segwayed mood cds with track markers
just for convenience and most old school cd players cope will as long as you
play it end to end as it should, but this one will always fade and come up
at the marker. Its what you often get for mp3 cds as the word length is not
the same as a standard red book cd where it is purely a marker. I can make
cds with no gaps and track markers and should be able to play them.

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
Many CD players seem to be bad at this. Where there is an actual pause
between movements of a classical work, a slight hiatus doesn't matter,
but if the music is meant to run continuously it's be very annoying.

Some CD players can do it correctly and some can't. I once had a
player (can't remember the make) that would play continuous movements
correctly if I just navigated to the beginning of the first one and
remembered to press the stop button at the end, but would hiccup
between tracks if I programmed the tracks I wanted into a list. I
suspect many of the people who design this stuff probably don't listen
to classical music.

Rod.

On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 16:15:10 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

i have for example a
cd/dvd player here which sounds excelent but has one flaw any real cd
player
should not have, it ducks between tracks, so there you are listening to
the
classical cd with track markers that should not be heard, and hey presto
it
ducks the sound.