Old January 29th 18, 05:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Default Freeview swizzling sound tracks

Many CD players seem to be bad at this. Where there is an actual pause
between movements of a classical work, a slight hiatus doesn't matter,
but if the music is meant to run continuously it's be very annoying.

Some CD players can do it correctly and some can't. I once had a
player (can't remember the make) that would play continuous movements
correctly if I just navigated to the beginning of the first one and
remembered to press the stop button at the end, but would hiccup
between tracks if I programmed the tracks I wanted into a list. I
suspect many of the people who design this stuff probably don't listen
to classical music.

Rod.

On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 16:15:10 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

i have for example a
cd/dvd player here which sounds excelent but has one flaw any real cd player
should not have, it ducks between tracks, so there you are listening to the
classical cd with track markers that should not be heard, and hey presto it
ducks the sound.