Old January 10th 18, 07:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Default Peoples expectations of others.

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
I've been given a Talktalk "Youview" box to fix, or diagnose, or
something, with the fault described as "doesn't work", and I've
never
been very good at clairvoyance. It powers up and goes to a menu
screen
of some sort but I can't go any further because they forgot to
include
the remote control. Assuming I'm eventually supplied with this, if
something doesn't make itself obvious very quickly I might just hand
it back marked "no fault found". I should really have learned by now
that life's too short to worry about other people's problems when
they
can't even tell you what they are.

Rod.

The TT boxes are made by Huawei. The DN360T does not have a HDD, the
DN370T has (IIRC) a 2.5" 500GB HDD. They are not a bad box, they give
good picture quality on SD and HD but they are
slllooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww to do anything. If it is a DN370T and
feels a bit light the HDD may have been removed. Look for the red
security label stuck over a screw on the bottom plate forward of
centre.

You should be able to find a remote for it or, as someone else has
said, if they don't have a remote and they obtained the box from TT
then TT will replace it. Having said that these boxes have been widely
available on the used market (Cash Converters and the like) new and
boxed for some years for very little money so they many not have got
it new. With Interweb connected they work quite well on iPlayer and
the like - if you have long enough to wait!

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com