Old January 5th 18, 07:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default iPlayer needs an aerial?

Luckily this only seems to happen on tv channels. I've had radio download
software for some time and that seems to work well most of the time though
some world service stuff gets stuck allnost at the end of the downoad.

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...
"David Woolley" wrote in message
news
On 04/01/18 17:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Today we had a customer who said that iPlayer wouldn't work on his
Polaroid TV without an aerial being connected. Sceptical, we tried

iPlayer now needs an account when run on a PC. I presume a TV with an
aerial is assumed to be being used within the UK, and therefore covered
by TV licensing.

I'm wondering how much longer the GetIplayer program (which allows
programmes to be downloaded from iPlayer) will continue to work, given
that the iPlayer website now challenges you for a username and password
every so often.