Old January 4th 18, 07:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default iPlayer needs an aerial?

"David Woolley" wrote in message
news
On 04/01/18 17:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Today we had a customer who said that iPlayer wouldn't work on his
Polaroid TV without an aerial being connected. Sceptical, we tried

iPlayer now needs an account when run on a PC. I presume a TV with an
aerial is assumed to be being used within the UK, and therefore covered by
TV licensing.

I'm wondering how much longer the GetIplayer program (which allows
programmes to be downloaded from iPlayer) will continue to work, given that
the iPlayer website now challenges you for a username and password every so
often.