Old January 2nd 18, 03:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
WCZ[_5_]

Default Poor signal quality on CH60 mux

I wonder if the originator of this thread actually plugged each item, one
at a time into the aerial to check to see if there is non linearity
elsewhere. Of course we do not know how he is feeding the aerial to all
the devices.
Brian

I didn't check each device individually but I did plug the aerial outlet in
the wall directly into the back of the tele, bypassing anything in between,
and that didn't resolve the picture break up problem. I also replaced the
coax between the wall and tele and that may have made the problem worse.

The aerial is mounted within the loft and the cable comes through the house
into the lounge where it is terminated in a wall outlet. There are no
amplifiers in use and the loft aerial feeds a single outlet.

The intermittent picture breakup started in the week before Christmas and
continues to date. Spectre last night on ITV had some minor breakup at
times but not as bad as it has been. Channels on anything other the mux
that runs on CH60 are unaffected.

--

WCZ