Old December 30th 17, 06:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Default Does any hardware still allow playing of CD video?

Hmm, all the pcs here say is that it is a standard CD with two tracks and it
cannot find it in cddb online.
The huge lump of video is not seen. If you throw it into a Pioneer
laserdisc machine a friend has it players the video of the A side of the
single. The only reason I have it is that they reissued it with the video of
the other track instead as it was the one the DJs all played at the time,
somewhere in the 80s. Its by Heart.
The actual song that ended up the A side has a very bad edit in it, as the
album version had another verse that made the song make a little more sense
than it does otherwise.
Why is it in a gold colour. Some cd players refuse to play it.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
I can play the newere cd video stuff OK that is not the same format, its
some kind of jpeg, this I'm told is full bandwidth video like the old
Laservision but with digital embedded audio in it.

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 30/12/2017 12:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'm talking the cd sized discs you used to get that were gold in colour,
but
had one big video track and a couple of normal audio tracks.

I have an old Panasonic DVD recorder/player (no hard drive), and
according to the spec it does play video from CDs. I have never tried it
though, so can't confirm or deny it.