Old December 30th 17, 12:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default Does any hardware still allow playing of CD video?

On 30/12/17 12:24, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 30/12/2017 12:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'm talking the cd sized discs you used to get that were gold in colour, but
had one big video track and a couple of normal audio tracks.

I have an old Panasonic DVD recorder/player (no hard drive), and
according to the spec it does play video from CDs. I have never tried
it though, so can't confirm or deny it.

Jim

Indeed. I just checked the manual of my DMR-E55EB. That plays video CDs,
apparently. but, like you, I've never tried it. I don't think I've ever
seen one.

In the Glossary, it notes:
"Playback control (PBC)
If a Video CD has playback control, you can select scenes and
information with menus.
(This unit is compatible with version 2.0 and 1.1.)"

In the "Troubleshooting Guide" it has, under "Play":
The Video CD picture does not display properly...

* When connecting to Multi-system TV, select “NTSC” in “TV System” in
the SETUP menu.
* When connecting to PAL TV, the lower part of the picture cannot be
displayed correctly
during search.

--

Jeff