Old December 26th 17, 02:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default iPhone 4 question

Tweed wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 December 2017 14:52:56 UTC, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 26/12/17 14:32, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Don't know where else to ask.
I have been given a iPhone 4.
The power button does nothing at all when
pushed, so I tried the trick in the below link. It did not work.
Skip to
1.49 secs in. Yes, I can see the reasoning here. However, when I
push the power button I expect to see something move to make
contact. Nothing does. And yes, I did try a spot of WD40. Is the
power button broken or am I missing something?

The phone is 32bit, ancient and the battery is probably well
shagged.

I changed a battery in such for a friend and managed to dislodge and
lose a dimple the size of quarter of a grain of cos-cous from the
top of the power button, and had to strip the whole phone down to
replace the switch/proximity/speaker assembly with one from eBay.

Try the paper piece trick, or preferably the leading post from
'Chris M' in the YouTube clip comments - then when it works, flog
it and get a modern Android, or iPhone 5S minimum.

Indeed - I picked up a new, but superseded Acer Liquid Z5 from Scan
(by Royal Appointment etc.) in a clear out sale for 15. It's not
quite a Galaxy S7 or recent iPhone, but it is quite capable.

--
Adrian C

I've had long out of service iStuff behave as though it won't turn
on, even when hooked up to the charger. Apple's advice is to leave it
on charge for a few hours. I'd didn't really believe this advice, but
it did work.

I should have been clearer. The phone won't turn off on the power button.