Old December 18th 17, 08:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris J Dixon

Default phone scam involving television service

Norman Wells wrote:

If you're on BT, sign up to their free Call Protect 1572 service and set
the rules to eliminate the calls you don't want. Works for me.

I am tempted to do so myself, but have a few quibbles.

Does my voicemail then fill up with empty messages, or only store
actual speech?

Is there a charge to listen to messages?

Once upon a time (when one picked up the handset in one hand to
listen to the dial tone before dialling with the other) having
messages signalled by the interrupted dial tone might have been
noticed.

These days I seldom use a phone, and certainly don't hear a dial
tone, because the handset is in my hand whilst pushing the
buttons on it. I guess I would have to develop a habit of
checking it periodically.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK