Old December 17th 17, 03:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
sintv[_2_]

Default Samsung Smart TVs and Android

On Sunday, 17 December 2017 16:46:23 UTC, David wrote:
On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 15:15:44 +0000, David wrote:

We have a UE22H5600AK Samsung TV.

It is "smart" and has the multi-colour logo button on the remote
control.

Now you are supposed to be able to do all sorts of clever things like
playing videos from your phone or tablet, and I am trying to do this but
it isn't working very well.

The Samsung app on the tablet can work as a remote control.

The TV can stream video (but not many types) from a Windows PC.

I can't so far push the same video from my tablet to the TV.

All in all, not much use so far.

Has anyone got stuff working with a similar Samsung TV?

Thanks for all the answers so far.

What I would like to do is to play movies stored on my Android tablet on
the Samsung TV. The current format for most of them is MKV which can be
played by VLC on Windows and Android. It is alleged that the TV supports
this codec.

I haven't yet worked out the simple steps to achieve this.

I'm not looking to use Android to tell the TV to stream media over the
Internet as it can already do this and anyway it is used in the caravan so
network access and bandwidth is liable to be limited.

I already have music on the tablet and a set of BlueTooth speakers so
music is not an issue. I just want to be able to play DVDs and the like
without having to find somewhere to install a DVD player.

If someone can give me a few simple steps that would help. There seem to
be too many different ways of achieving the same thing at both ends of the
link (TV and Android) so I need to be able to match them up.

Cheers

Dave R

---

I have Plex on my Samsung and that works well for me.