Old December 17th 17, 03:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

Default phone scam involving television service

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 11:54:07 +0000 (GMT), charles

Indy Jess John wrote:
On 17/12/2017 10:59, Clive Page wrote:

I wonder what the equivalent is of revealing, after they have spent a
lot of time trying to guide you through the installation of some
malware, that your computer runs Linux.

I tried that with someone "representing Microsoft".
His script was up to that sneaky trick. He tried to get me to install
Teamviewer. I pretended to type what he told me, and then lied that
when I tried to install it it was asking for the administrator's
password and I had no idea what it is because I am only a user and my
father-in-law had set the laptop up for me and he isn't here at the
moment. He gave up at that point, leaving me and my Windows PC :-) alone.

I offer RISC OS - they've never head of it

I also get told my boiler insurance is about to expire.

I got a double glazing call asking when my windows were replaced.
After about five minutes of going on about Windows 7 and Windows 10
and the 'windows in your house' being the home computer and not the
work computer and I understand what Windows means as the predominant
operating system etc she eventually hung up.