Old December 12th 17, 11:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

Default Sony Android TV's and screen mirroring?

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message news
Hmm, so its a Canadian person. What I'd really like to hear is if it works
here in the UK. iE standard off air program guide reading, and program
description and whether as its a smart tv, how it copes with the UK
players. From experience these usually fail miserably even on smart phones,
so if Sony has cracked it it would be good.
Also of course, is this Android operating system in use for non smart tvs,
so people of limited income can get a tv that speaks to them. its incredibly
difficult to find this sort of thing out as model numbers are changing all
the time and shops know nothing about accessibility at all.
Indeed they tend to want to just shift the last model to make way for the
new one with a similar but different part number. Several people have come
unstuck with Samsung tvs to my knowledge and had to return them as unusable
due to them being old stock.

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Andy Burns wrote:

I thought I'd posted a youtube video for you showing it does just that?

Here it is, you should be able to follow from the sound only (ignore the
crackling from a fake TV log fire in the background)

https://youtu.be/Nnv8raphv28

Just tried it and it speaks menus, some controls eg: Vol + or -, but not
channel change. Couldn't find anything with subtitles to see if it speaks
them. Speaks titles in program guide, Youtube etc.
BTW who's in Canada? K.